Race Caps Supreme
- Prolongs endurance
- Helps increase energy
- Supports overall health
Increased energy, prolonged endurance, enhanced recovery, and improved immunity—these are just a few of the benefits Race Caps Supreme has delivered to our customers for over three decades. It’s the original endurance supplement, and still second to none. With potent sources of coenzyme Q10 and idebenone, along with a host of other cellular energy catalysts to maximize assimilation, Race Caps Supreme works to replenish critical nutrients not available from dietary sources. Race Caps Supreme is THE supplement that provides a truly wide range of benefits for enhancing both athletic performance and overall health, and everyone—athlete and non-athlete alike—would benefit tremendously from daily use.
Why did you choose the four you did for the Daily Essentials Kits?
Q: Of all the products you make, why did you choose the four you did for the Daily Essentials Kits? And what do these products do?
A: Hammer Nutrition's Daily Essentials supplements—Premium Insurance Caps, Race Caps Supreme, Mito Caps, and EndurOmega—provide the widest range of benefits for both athletic performance and overall health purposes. They are the cornerstone of the Hammer Nutrition product line, and they should be the foundation of your supplement program. Take them every single day, whether training or not, and enjoy the tremendous benefits they provide.
WHAT THE DAILY ESSENTIALS DO FOR YOU
- Replenish vitamins and minerals, which athletes and active people deplete in greater amounts than sedentary people, to optimize overall health
- Support entire-body health by supplying a wide range of antioxidants to help neutralize free radicals and the cellular destruction they cause
- Provide key substrates to maximize efficient and consistent production of energy
- Optimize mitochondrial health, an absolute necessity for enhancing athletic performance and overall health
- Supply the body with the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which are closely involved in numerous areas of human health
Premium Insurance Caps
Unlike many multis that contain inadequate Daily Value (DV) or Reference Daily Intake (RDI) amounts of nutrients (which are only the minimum standards for preventing nutrient-deficiency diseases), Premium Insurance Caps is formulated with Optimum Daily Intake (ODI) amounts of the highest quality vitamins and minerals. This supplies your body with the higher quantities of nutrients it needs for optimal health. Also included in the formula is an impressive array of complementary nutrients and digestive enzymes.
More about Premium Insurance Caps
Race Caps Supreme
The combination of nutrients in Hammer Nutrition’s premier product works synergistically to provide you with a plethora of dynamic athletic and general health benefits, unmatched by any other athlete-specific supplement. These include:
- Higher energy levels during workouts and all day long, without the unpleasant stimulant side effects that come from the ingredients in many other supplements
- Noticeable increase in endurance
- Less muscle soreness and enhanced recovery after training sessions
- Antioxidant support for optimal immune system function
Everyone will benefit greatly from the consistent use of Race Caps Supreme, and it's an absolute essential for athletes.
More about Race Caps Supreme
The Mito Caps formula is based on the eye-opening studies of Dr. Bruce Ames regarding mitochondrial functioning, aging, deterioration, and regeneration. The importance of maintaining optimal functioning of the mitochondria is eloquently stated by Dr. Bill Misner: “The longer you can stimulate the lifespan or health of the mitochondria, the longer you may potentially live and the better you will perform in endurance events. The athlete who has the most healthy/efficient active mitochondria is the athlete who performs at their best.”
More about Mito Caps
The premium-quality fish oil contained in EndurOmega supplies the body with the essential fatty acids (EFAs) eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), both of which are vitally important for numerous aspects of athletic performance and overall health. These EFAs are required for life itself, in fact, so it’s no wonder they’re designated as “essential”! Our bodies cannot make EPA and DHA; supplementation with EndurOmega is the easiest, most efficient way to ensure you’re receiving adequate amounts of EPA and DHA.
More about EndurOmega
The combination of the Hammer Nutrition Daily Essentials provides a tremendously wide range of benefits that support optimal athletic performance and overall health, a range that no other supplement combination can come close to matching. Available in money-saving kits, Premium Insurance Caps, Race Caps Supreme, Mito Caps, and EndurOmega are products that everyone, athlete and non-athlete alike, will benefit from. They should be the foundation of every daily supplement program, including yours!
What about this 'new' CoQ10 called Ubiquinol?
Q: I know that Race Caps Supreme contains Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), but what about this ‘new’ CoQ10 called Ubiquinol, which I heard is better than the ‘old’ ubiquinone CoQ10?
A: This is a great question, and here is some information to answer that question, and why we use CoQ10 (ubiquinone) in Race Caps Supreme:
- Both are CoQ10. Ubiquinone is the oxidized form of CoQ10 and ubiquinol is the reduced form of CoQ10.
- Until 2007, ubiquinone was the only form of CoQ10 on the market. Since then, a patented technology was developed to produce the active and trademarked form of CoQ10 called ubiquinol. As a result of the development technology and patent, ubiquinol is more expensive than ubiquinone.
- There has been significantly more research on ubiquinone than ubiquinol. According to Dr. William V. Judy, “Hundreds of clinical studies show that ubiquinone is effective and is still the choice of practicing cardiologists.”
- CoQ10 in the body continuously shifts between the two forms. No matter which form of CoQ10 you take, your body will convert it to the other form as needed.
- While ubiquinol is suggested to be a better-absorbed form of CoQ10, at least one study has shown that higher absorption to not be insignificant. The researchers concluded “…the difference in the bioavailability of comparative ubiquinol capsules was not statistically significant in comparison [to standard ubiquinone capsules]. It is important to also highlight that we did not observe significant differences between formulations in the redox status of the absorbed CoQ10, which indicates that CoQ10 appears in blood almost exclusively as ubiquinol, even if consumed as ubiquinone.”
- It is generally accepted that ubiquinol supplements do not get absorbed as ubiquinol; according to Dr. Judy, the body absorbs it mostly as ubiquinone because the gastric system oxidizes ubiquinol to ubiquinone before absorption.”
- Most absorption differences between ubiquinone and ubiquinol are minimized or even resolved with the inclusion of a patented black pepper extract, known as Bioperine®, which is found in Race Caps Supreme. Research shows a 30% increase in absorption when administered with Bioperine®.
- Ubiquinol does not appear to be as heat-stable as ubiquinone supplements. That’s one reason why Race Caps Supreme contains dry ubiquinone; it’s a much better option for use during prolonged bouts of exercise, especially in the heat.
Am I getting too much vitamin E?
Q: I noticed that there’s vitamin E in Premium Insurance Caps, Race Caps Supreme, and Mito Caps. If I’m taking all three products, will I be getting too much?
A: The answer to this question requires a bit of information, but the short answer is “no”, you won’t be oversupplying your body with too much vitamin E.
There are numerous studies, far too many to list even a fraction of them, that show that Optimum Daily Intake (ODI) amounts of vitamin E supplementation have multiple benefits. Still, there are some who believe that higher vitamin E intake is unnecessary and may, in fact, be detrimental. Dr. Bill Misner suggests otherwise, stating, "The only warning for limiting Vitamin E intake is if you are taking a prescription anticoagulant. In that case, you should follow your physician's counsel. The therapeutic dosage of Vitamin E commonly used by athletes seeking to prevent free radical damage during and following exercise is 1,200 IU per day. Dosages of up to 3,200 IU of Vitamin E have been used daily in a wide variety of subjects for periods of up to two years without any unfavorable side effects occurring.”
Vitamin E has many, many benefits including:
- Maintaining cell membrane integrity and helping reduce cellular aging
- Acting as a fat-soluble free radical scavenger
- Maintaining healthy platelet aggregation
- Protecting ocular (eye) health
- Helping delay cognitive decline
- Enhancing immune function
All of the above-listed reasons are why this important vitamin exists in Premium Insurance Caps, Race Caps Supreme, and Mito Caps. It’s important to remember that your body will be depleting vitamin E as it neutralizes free radicals, and also as it donates an electron to a “used up” antioxidant such as the coenzyme Q10 in Race Caps Supreme and the R-alpha lipoic Acid in Mito Caps, effectively renewing its antioxidant properties and capabilities (the is one of the main reasons why vitamin E is in Race Caps Supreme and Mito Caps). This means that your body is not storing all the vitamin E you're ingesting, but rather using it up as it utilizes its antioxidant properties (donating part of its molecular structure) in counteracting the negative effect caused by free radical production and accumulation, as well as regenerating used up/electron-missing antioxidants.
Each capsule of Premium Insurance Caps supplies approximately 38.22 mg/57 IU of vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol), each capsule of Race Caps Supreme supplies 89.33 mg/133 IU, each capsule of Mito Caps supplies 8.33 mg/12.5 IU.
On a daily basis, if you are taking (for example)…
- 4 Premium Insurance Caps
- 2 Race Caps Supreme
- 2 Mito Caps
… you are consuming approximately 348 mg/519 IU of vitamin E per day. The Optimum Daily Intake (ODI) for vitamin E is 400 - 1200 IU daily. I believe that 400 - 800 IU daily is a sufficient amount for general health purposes, with the lower amount being adequate for sedentary people. For athletes, however, because they are generating several times more free radicals than sedentary people do, an amount upwards of 1200 IU daily is rational.
How much CoQ10 is in a capsule of Race Caps Supreme?
Each capsule of Race Caps Supreme contains 30mg of CoQ10. This is complemented with 30mg of idebenone, a nutrient very similar in molecular structure to CoQ10. Idebenone has many of the same properties as CoQ10, and provides similar benefits, as well as unique benefits of its own.
Can you take Race Caps Supreme on workout days only?
Yes, you can certainly take Race Caps Supreme only on workout days. However, you will not be receiving the full benefits that the product has to offer in terms of overall health, especially cardiovascular health. The main nutrients in Race Caps Supreme are so beneficial for the heart and many other organs, that even 1 capsule daily on non-workout days will be highly beneficial. Race Caps Supreme is headed up by Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), and you can read about its many benefits for general health at More Pep in Your Step.
For best results, take 2–3 every day.
Take before primary exercise period of the day or with breakfast or lunch.
Take 1 capsule per hour during prolonged exercise to reduce fatigue and improve endurance.
Take with a fat source for better absorption.
While not a central nervous system stimulant, the energy production of this product means it should be used early in the day, not in the evening or before bed.
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) – A fat-soluble, vitamin-like compound, also known as ubiqinone.
Idebenone – An analogue of Coenzyme Q10.
Vitamin E – A fat-soluble vitamin.
OxyAssist – A proprietary blend of Trimethylglycine (TMG), also known as betaine, and Inosine.
Krebs Cycle Intermediates – citrate, aspartate, lysinate and glycinate are chelators (binding agents) for the minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Another Krebs cycle Intermediate, alpha-ketoglutarate, is included as well.
Enzyme Blend (protease, amylase, glucoamylase, lipase, cellulase, phytase, maltase, and sucrase) - A blend of digestive enzymes.
Bioperine® – A trademarked standardized extract from the fruit of Piper nigrum (black pepper) or Piper longum (long pepper).
PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) - A water-soluble, vitamin-like compound.
|Serving Size 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate)||268mg||1787%|
|Calcium (as calcium chelate krebs cycles intermediates)||75mg||6%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium chelate krebs cycles intermediates)||51mg||12%|
|Potassium (as potassium chelate krebs cycles intermediates)||23mg||<1%|
(A propriety blend of Coenzyme Q10, Idebenone, Alpha-ketoglutarate and Bioperine) Bioperine® (95% 1-piperoylpiperidine from piper nigrum fruit)
Bioperine is a trademark of Sabinsa Corp.
(A proprietary blend of Trimethylglycine and Inosine)
|Enzyme Blend (Amylase, Lipase, Phytase, Protease, Glucoamylase, Cellulase, Sucrase, and Maltase)||24mg||†|
|PQQ (Pyroloquinoline quinone)||2.5mg||†|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value not established.
|Other Ingredients: Vegetable Capsules (plant cellulose and water), Rice Bran (Oryza sativa)
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.