- Provides Antioxidant Support
- Helps support the defense system
- Helps reduce aches and soreness
Vitamin C is involved with many bodily functions: the formation of collagen, absorption of iron, and assisting in the proper function of the immune system. It also aids in wound healing and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
Endurance C provides you with three different types of vitamin C in optimal amounts.
Does Hammer have a “collagen-enhancing" supplement?
We currently do not produce an actual collagen supplement, but there are a number of nutrients that are involved in the production of collagen:
1) Vitamin C (Endurance C) is vital in the production of collagen, and without this vitamin the body can’t form collagen. Research shows that "the presence of Vitamin C directly triggers DNA to regulate and maintain the intercellular amount of collagen." 
2) Zinc and Copper (Premium Insurance Caps) are both cofactors in the production of collagen.
3) The amino acids Lysine, Glycine, and Proline are all necessary for collagen production. On a gram-per-gram basis, Whey Protein has higher amounts of these three amino acids, though Organic Vegan Protein is not far behind.
4) The Type II Collagen in Tissue Rejuvenator is a protein that is made from chains of amino acids, including glycine and proline, both of which are mentioned in #3. The Horsetail Leaf in Vegan Tissue Rejuvenator is a plant source of the trace mineral silica, which aids in collagen production.
What kind of diet should I be looking at for prediabetes?
Q: I’ve been diagnosed with prediabetes. What kind of diet should I be looking at, and what supplements may help me?
A: As far as diet is concerned, there’s an excellent article from Johns Hopkins Medicine. In that article there’s a link to the Mediterranean Diet, which, unsurprisingly, in 2023 received the #1 rating for “Best Diet Overall” for the 6th straight year. Following that diet as much as possible will be the most important thing you can do.
Regarding supplements, the magnesium in Essential Mg is excellent for a plethora of reasons; it provides so many benefits, including playing a role in stabilizing blood sugar. Studies have shown that magnesium participates in insulin secretion and function, and low magnesium levels are correlated with insulin resistance. Other research reveals that magnesium levels are significantly more common in people with diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance compared with the general population, and higher magnesium levels correlate with lower HbA1C (see What is HbA1C for more on HbA1C). Other research suggests that higher magnesium intake is associated with decreased risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Another key nutrient for protecting against diabetes is the trace mineral chromium (Chromemate), and it works in tandem with the magnesium in Essential Mg. See A Powerful Pair for Insulin Resistance and Magnesium - The Key for Proper Insulin Function for more information.
Vitamin C is excellent for lowering post-meal blood sugar levels, elevated post-meal blood sugar level surges being especially problematic for prediabetics and diabetics. Of the dozens of naturally occurring compounds in citrus fruit (aka bioflavonoids), there is one bioflavonoid called hesperidin that is especially beneficial, with one research study concluding, “Digestion of hesperidin produces a compound called hesperetin along with other metabolites. These compounds are powerful free radical scavengers and have demonstrated anti-inflammatory, insulin-sensitizing, and lipid-lowering activity.” Our Endurance C is the best, most complete vitamin C on the market, and it includes an outstanding amount of hesperidin.
EndurOmega contains omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fats are found in fish and some nuts and seed. Research concluded that “diets rich in omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to promote weight loss, enhance insulin sensitivity, and reduce death from cardiovascular disease by reducing inflammation, improving lipid profiles, and reducing blood clotting. When omega-3 fats are incorporated into cell membranes, they make the cell surface more fluid and pliable and appear to enhance cells’ ability to remove glucose from the bloodstream.”
The r-alpha lipoic acid in Mito Caps plays numerous important roles in human health. Research shows that this powerful antioxidant decreases oxygen free radicals, which in excess promote endothelial dysfunction and contribute to diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular disease.
Are your supplements 3rd party tested?
Yes, every Hammer Nutrition supplement is 3rd party tested in compliance with the FDA’s regulations, 21 CFR Part 111 – Dietary Supplements. All the raw materials for each supplement we produce are tested for purity, strength, identity, and integrity. In addition to raw material testing, every Hammer Nutrition supplement is also tested in every stage of production—blending, encapsulation / powder-filling, packaging components and finished goods—before being released for distribution.
What makes Endurance C different than other vitamin C products?
There are many reasons!
Endurance C contains two forms of vitamin C:
- Calcium Ascorbate, known as "neutral C," "buffered C," or "non-acidic C," with a pH of 7.0-7.4. (Unlike "regular" Vitamin C, ascorbic acid, which is highly acidic and may cause gastric distress). While the compound is mostly vitamin C (90%), it also contains a beneficial 92 mg of calcium (10%).
- Ascorbyl Palmitate is a highly bioavailable, non-acidic, fat-soluble form of Vitamin C that can reach specific tissue areas that standard vitamin C cannot. Thus, ascorbyl palmitate can neutralize specific free radicals that water-soluble vitamin C can't. It also protects against the oxidation of lipids, a broad group of macronutrients that are heavily involved in many essential bodily functions (e.g., hormone regulation, nerve impulse transmission, fat-soluble nutrient transport, and more).
But there's MUCH more than just vitamin C in Endurance C. We've added the following nutrients/compounds, working synergistically to provide a tremendous range of benefits that you don't get in the typical vitamin C supplement:
- Citrus Bioflavonoids. While not strictly vitamins, bioflavonoids have impressive vitamin-like properties, which is why this group of compounds is known as Vitamin P. Citrus fruits contain several bioflavonoids, such as diosmin and naringin tangeretin, diosmetin, marirutin, neohesperidin, nobiletin, and others. These bioflavonoids work synergistically with vitamin C to support the immune system with antioxidant properties. Citrus bioflavonoids also enhance circulation, reduce aches and soreness, and help support joint health.
- Hesperidin 95% HPLC is a major bioflavonoid found primarily in lemons, oranges, and tangerines. Hesperidin possesses potent antioxidant properties for supporting vital immune system function, but it can also help blood vessels function better, thus promoting optimal circulatory and cardiovascular health. Additionally, hesperidin helps reduce aches and soreness, supports insulin sensitivity, and may also help protect cognitive health.
- Quercetin is a highly versatile bioflavonoid obtained from various sources, including citrus fruits, apples, onions, and more. Quercetin has extraordinary antioxidant properties, making it a top nutrient for immune system health. Quercetin possesses properties that strongly reduce aches and soreness, as well as helping to alleviate discomforts associated with allergies. Additionally, quercetin is believed to be highly beneficial for brain and cardiovascular health while also normalizing blood pressure and blood sugar—lastly, quercetin and vitamin C work in tandem in optimizing each other's absorption.
- Rose Hips (Rosa canina). A natural source of Vitamin C, rose hips are a rich source of antioxidant carotenoids and polyphenols. One of these is tiliroside, which has antioxidant properties assisting non-stimulant fat loss.
3 capsules with meals daily.
Acute needs (illness)
Take 3 capsules two or three times daily at the onset of symptoms. Dosage can be increased to bowel tolerance for maximum benefits.
For long-duration exercise (3 hours +), take 1 capsule prior and 2 capsules afterwards for recovery benefits.
Calcium Ascorbate – Commonly referred to as “neutral C,” or “buffered C,” calcium ascorbate is approximately 90 vitamin C, and approximately 10% calcium.
Ascorbyl Palmitate – A fat-soluble form of Vitamin C.
Citrus Bioflavonoids – Compounds found is citrus fruits,
Hesperidin 95% HPLC – A major bioflavonoid found primarily in lemons, oranges and tangerines.
Quercetin – A bioflavonoid found in onions, apples, leafy vegetables, and other plants.
Rose Hips (Rosa canina) – A natural source of Vitamin C.
|Serving Size: 3 capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin C (from Calcium Ascorbate and Ascrobyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester))||800mg||890%|
|Calcium (from Calcium Ascorbate)||90mg||6%|
|Rose Hip Fruit (Rosa canina)||75mg||†|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value not established.
|Other Ingredients: Dextrin, Vegetable Hypromellose Capsules.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.