BY STEVE BORN
While there are a number of aspects involved in improving your athletic performance and overall health, I am 100% convinced that proper recovery is at the top of the list. As athletes, we sometimes focus so intently on our training and equipment that we forget about recovering properly, and that's a big mistake.
What we do in training is definitely important, but if we neglect to consistently take the proper steps to recover properly, we will never get the full value out of the time and energy spent in training. Remember, the gains we make in our training occur during recovery, but only in the presence of adequate rest and optimal nutritional support. If we don't attend to that, we not only miss out on the benefits of our workouts, we can create more problems such as getting sick or injured.
That's where the 4 R's come in¦
If your body could literally talk, this is what it'd be telling you after each and every training session¦
I'm on empty and I need the tank to be refilled right away. Feed me with high-quality carbohydrates and protein ASAP (within the first 30 minutes), and here's what I'll do for you:
- I'll restock muscle cells with fuel so you won't be on empty for tomorrow's workout. In fact, I will do you one better - I'll store MORE minutes of fuel in the muscles, which means you'll have more fuel on board and ready to serve you when you begin your next workout or race. That's what carbo loading is all about!
- I'll rebuild lean muscle tissue even stronger so you can make increases in your training volume and intensity without your muscles taking such a beating.
- Speaking of muscles taking a beating, if you'll just feed me carbs and protein after you're done trashing my muscular system, I'll decrease the amount of soreness you experience between now and the next workout. No more of this I can't get out of bed because I'm so sore nonsense, OK?
- I'll help with immune system support so you can be active outside, not sitting inside under a blanket feeling rotten from being worn down and sick. Refueling me ASAP after your workout will tip the scales in favor of stronger immunity.
Recoverite and Organic Vegan Recoverite provide your body with exactly what it craves after a workout:
- The ideal ratio of complex carbohydrates to protein
- Generous amounts of multi-beneficial glutamine (a whopping three grams per serving!)
- The potent antioxidant L-carnosine
- A full-spectrum electrolyte profile
Nearly two-thirds of your body is comprised of water, so it's vitally important that you drink enough of it, not just during your workout, but throughout the day. In addition to what you consume during exercise, aim for 1/2 fluid ounce of liquid per pound of body weight per day, mainly from clean, pure water. After a hard training session, you could be a bit dehydrated, so take time now to get your hydration back on track. Keep in mind that the water you use to prepare your Recoverite counts toward your daily hydration goal; so if you choose to mix it with only a small amount of water (say, 4-8 ounces), be sure to follow up with additional water.
After a tough workout or event, your body is begging for vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Premium Insurance Caps will resupply the vitamins and minerals (some antioxidants, too), and Hammer Nutrition's arsenal of potent antioxidant supplements - including Mito Caps, Super Antioxidant, and AO Booster - will supply wide-ranging protection against the damaging effects of free radicals.
When you regularly push your body hard in your workouts, it can take a toll on your muscles and joints. Without adequate rest and nutritional support, you may find yourself in that inhospitable place known as over-training syndrome, coupled with an increased potential for getting injured.
The protein in our Recoverite offerings will help with muscle tissue repair. To further reduce aches and soreness - as well as providing your body with many more benefits - we recommend the unparalleled combination of Hammer CBD, Tissue Rejuvenator, and EndurOmega.
Remember, how well you recover today will greatly determine your performance tomorrow. Know, adopt, and consistently apply the 4 R's. It's the right way to reap all the rewards of proper recovery.