The unique AO Booster formula not only supplies antioxidants to support your immune system—perfectly complementing the ones in Super Antioxidant—these nutrients are also highly beneficial for protecting your vision, improving your skin, and reducing muscle soreness.
Gamma E Tocopherol Complex – The four tocopherol components of the vitamin E “family”—alpha, beta, gamma, and delta (with emphasis on the gamma fraction)—that are extracted and concentrated from oil palm fruits.
EVNol® 50% – (providing 38.5% d-mixed tocotrienols) - The four tocopherol components of the vitamin E “family”—that are extracted and concentrated from oil palm fruits.
Lutein – A naturally occurring carotenoid found in high quantities in green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale.
Astaxanthin – A form of microalgae that gives the red color to salmon, lobster, and crab.
What are the Tocopherol Complex and EVNol components in AO Booster?
The vitamin E family has eight members of four tocopherols and four tocotrienols—alpha, beta, delta, and gamma (EVNol is a trademarked tocotrienol complex), all of which are contained in AO Booster. Studies suggest that a mixture of tocopherols and tocotrienols yields optimal health benefits, versus regular vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) alone.
Dr. Karin Granstrom Jordan writes, “While alpha-tocopherol has long been known as an important antioxidant, research has now shown that the complete vitamin E team is much more effective. The different vitamin E forms have complementary effects as free radical scavengers. Together they can fight a wider spectrum of free radicals than alpha-tocopherol alone.”
Without detracting from the long-known multiple benefits of d-alpha tocopherol, the gamma tocopherol component may be as important, if not more so. Research has suggested that supplementing with just the alpha tocopherol component (which is what you typically find in most supplements) may lower the body's gamma tocopherol level significantly.
According to vitamin E expert, Dr. Maret G. Traber, “While both alpha- and gamma-tocopherol are potent antioxidants, gamma-tocopherol has a unique function. Because of its different chemical structure, gamma-tocopherol scavenges reactive nitrogen species, which, like reactive oxygen species, can damage proteins, lipids, and DNA.”
In addition to its impressive antioxidant properties, gamma tocopherol has been shown to provide superior anti-inflammatory benefits. Inflammation is a primary culprit in virtually all degenerative diseases. Gamma tocopherol also increases the levels of both alpha tocopherol and gamma tocopherol, whereas alpha tocopherol alone may lower the body's levels of gamma tocopherol. AO Booster has more gamma tocopherol than the other three tocopherols combined.
Tocotrienols may be even more potent free radical scavengers than the tocopherols. According to research by Dr. Lester Packer and Dr. Barrie Tan, tocotrienols may have 30-60 times more antioxidant power than alpha tocopherol.
In addition to their powerful antioxidant properties, tocotrienols provide a wide range of health benefits such as:
- Powerful support for helping protect against cancer. Like tocopherols, tocotrienols help inhibit several mechanisms necessary for tumor development and growth.
- Improving cholesterol levels. Tocotrienols effectively block the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, which is one of the metabolic steps in producing cholesterol.
- Protecting against cardiovascular disease. Tocotrienols have been shown to decrease blood levels of homocysteine (elevated levels are implicated in cardiovascular disease.) One study found that tocotrienols provided this benefit even more powerfully than folate, which is often thought of as the premier homocysteine-lowering nutrient.
- Protection from heart attack or stroke. Tocotrienols provide resistance to ischemia, which is defined as an inadequate blood supply to an organ or part of the body, especially the heart muscles.
- Improving metabolic syndrome. Tocotrienols positively influence, and may help to reverse, many aspects of metabolic syndrome. This syndrome includes high blood pressure, high blood sugar, unhealthy cholesterol levels, and excess abdominal fat.
- Support against liver cancer and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Emerging research is revealing that tocotrienols provide powerful support for liver health, with equally potent protection against liver cancer and NAFLD.
The benefits that the combination of all four tocopherols and all four tocotrienols provide are just the tip of the iceberg. Research continues to reveal even more potential benefits, such as protection against diabetes, osteoporosis, and neurodegenerative diseases. The tocopherols and tocotrienols that are supplied by food sources are incomplete and minimal, making a combination of diet and supplementation a necessity.
Are your supplements 3rd party tested?
Yes, every Hammer Nutrition supplement is 3rd party tested in compliance with the FDA’s regulations, 21 CFR Part 111 – Dietary Supplements. All the raw materials for each supplement we produce are tested for purity, strength, identity, and integrity. In addition to raw material testing, every Hammer Nutrition supplement is also tested in every stage of production—blending, encapsulation / powder-filling, packaging components and finished goods—before being released for distribution.
|Serving Size 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container 30
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
(providing 38.5% d-mixed tocotrienols)
|Lutein (from marigold flower extract (tagetes erecta))
(from Haematococcus pluvialis algae extract)
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value not established.
Capsule shell (gelatin, glycerin, carob, purified water), Beeswax
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.