BY ENDURANCE NEWS STAFF
While I was immersed in trying to figure out how to describe the process of determining CBD dosage, the thought occurred to me that it is pretty similar to—although obviously not the same as— determining electrolyte requirements and the number of Endurolytes® that may be needed.
Here are the similarities:
- There are variables that need to be accounted for
- Your needs may change frequently
When it comes to calculating how much CBD will be ideal for you, you’ll primarily need to look at your body weight and your current physical status, including any issues (e.g., poor sleep) you may be dealing with. Before we discuss those two things, let’s start with the Hammer CBD offerings:
We offer two potencies/strengths: 10 mg and 25 mg of phytocannabinoid-rich hemp oil.
WATER-SOLUBLE HYDRO TINCTURE
We offer a 250 mg potency/strength, with each dropper (1 ml) supplying 8.33 mg of phytocannabinoidrich hemp oil.
We offer three potencies/strengths: 250 mg, 750 mg, and 1500 mg, as follows:
- One dropper (1 ml) of the 250 mg tincture supplies 8.33 mg of phytocannabinoid-rich hemp oil
- One dropper (1 ml) of the 750 mg tincture supplies 25 mg of phytocannabinoid-rich hemp oil
- One dropper (1 ml) of the 1500 mg tincture supplies 50 mg of phytocannabinoid-rich hemp oil
Both the Softgels and Hydro utilize the proprietary nano-sized microemulsion manufacturing process, which allows for up to five times better absorption. Not everyone will receive the highest amount, but everyone can count on greater absorption and bioavailability using the softgels or the Hydro formulations.
NOW LET’S LOOK AT THE VARIABLES:
- BODY WEIGHT While this is certainly not a recommendation that is set in stone, those under 160 pounds may find that a daily amount of 8.33 mg to 10 mg is a good starting point, and perhaps even their ideal dose. People 160 pounds and up may require higher amounts, starting at 16.7 mg to 25 mg per day.
- CURRENT PHYSICAL STATUS/CONDITION Using the amount determined according to body weight as a foundation, people dealing with chronic issues regarding aches/soreness/discomforts, poor sleep, or both, usually find that higher amounts of CBD ranging from 25-50 mg daily will be best for them.
We suggest that you begin with these dosing guidelines and then gauge your body’s response. If, for example, you find that one dropper of CDB Hydro (8.33 mg) or one dropper of oil-based tincture (8.33 mg) or one 10 mg softgel is helping you sleep throughout the night and permitting you to wake up on time and without grogginess, you’ve found your dose!
On the other hand, if you find that those amounts aren’t quite sufficient, increase the dose slightly until you achieve what you want: a full night’s sleep and no grogginess in the morning. Of course, if you don’t wake up at your normal time and/or you feel a bit groggy, you’ll want to lower your dose.
The same is true with physical discomforts. Start with the suggested amounts, gauge their effect on your aches and soreness, and adjust accordingly.
NOTE: We’ve heard from numerous clients that it takes up to two weeks for their body to adjust to a specific CBD dose. Therefore, monitor your response for 10-14 days before adjusting your dosage.
If you use a combination of softgels and tinctures, the dosing amounts are nearly limitless, allowing you to alter the dose on an as-needed basis on any given day.
EXAMPLE: One 25 mg softgel + ½ dropper of 750 mg oil-based tincture = 37.5 mg of phytocannabinoid-rich hemp oil.
The benefits of CBD are extraordinary, and the range of premium-quality offerings from Hammer Nutrition allows you to personalize the dose to meet your individual needs!